Resources for Is It Time to Upgrade?
You may view the entire keynote presentation in your browser. No audio or video is included. However, the movie sources are all online and the URLs are listed below. Simply click the image below to view the actual keynote slides from the presentation.
Each of the times listed below is the section of the movie where the student interviews begin. The movies start after the interviews.
- Celebrate Achievement: the 2005 movie about the special needs student appears at the very beginning of this URL
- Chocolate: the 2006 movie about child slave labor on the Ivory Coast can be found 4 minutes and 33 seconds into this URL
- Stem Cell Research: the 2006 movie presenting the pros and cons of stem research can be found 13 minutes and 21 seconds into this URL
- Frankengenes: the 2007 movie about genetically modified food, can be found 7 minutes and 39 seconds into this URL
- Organ Donors: Who Lives and Who Dies, from the 2007 film festival, can be found 20 minutes and 21 seconds into this URL
I have to remind everyone that these movies may or may not have been winners in the Best Picture Category. These are just some of the movies I personally really liked. I am confident that if you explore all of the movies in the link below, you will find movies that you think are even better than these! Everyone has different favorites. In fact, the movies listed here may not even be the same ones I used in your specific presentation as I have so many favorites through which I rotate. Be sure to watch the individual movies posted from 2003 and 2005!
A large collection of the movies from the film festivals can be found at this link. I hope this has been helpful!
All of my best!