Podcasting with the iPod Touch
Yes, you can now podcast using the iPod Touch!
My sister, who is a classroom teacher, just got an iPod Touch as a gift. She's eager to start podcasting with her students. Having never done such a thing, she wanted someone to show her how to do this. So I created a really quick podcast for her, talking her through the process. Then it dawned on me, why not share this with everyone here on iUpgrade! So this podcast is from the "rough and tumble series:" it's not fancy. It's just a quick show and tell on how to do something specific: podcast with the iPod Touch.
Here's what is covered:
- Adding a mic to the iPod Touch
- Recording using the iTalk App from the iTunes Store
- Getting the file from the iPod Touch to the computer desktop
- Converting the file to a format that will work on the web
- Publishing the podcast to the web
Links and products discussed in the podcast include:
- Shure MPA-3C Music Phone Adapter for iPhone
- Belkin TuneTalk Stereo
- XtremeMac IPV-MIC-00 MicroMemo Digital Voice Recorder
- Macally iPod Audio Recorder
- iTalk Recorder Premium (iTunes link)
- iTalk Recorder (Free)
- iTalk Sync
- Convert to mp3
None of the above are product endorsements, and I don't receive any considerations for mentioning any of the above. The mics all works on the iPod Touch I tested them with, and these applications were used in this demonstration as they are the applications my sister is using.